Trip profile Length of trip: 9 days Grade: Easy to Moderate Highest Alt: 3192m Type of trek: Tea house/ Camping Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is a colorful short foray into theTour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Length of trip: 9 days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Highest Alt: 3192m
Type of trek: Tea house/ Camping
Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is a colorful short foray into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool your face. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek.
This trek in the Annapurna foothills to the view point on Poon Hill offers all the best of trekking in Nepal. Enjoy trekking in the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna with the picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline. At the climax of this trek you will climb Poon Hill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain scapes on Earth. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. A rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature and beautiful landscape.
All accommodations for Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking are in local lodges on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, and standard of location. During the trip, we will provide three nights in hotel, Hotel Moonlight or similar category hotel in Kathmandu and during our trek we will spend 13 nights at standard tea house or at lodge or at hotel in which there are unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattresses
Normally you will walk about 5-6 hrs a day. You will have plenty of time to stop for refreshments. Our guide will be there to assist you every step of the way during your trek. Your meals will be provided in teahouses according to your choice. Your guide will take your order from the menu and check in the kitchen that everything is fresh and well cooked. For accommodation you will be provided with a double room. Your guide will also act as your interpreter and be able explain about our culture and traditions and any other queries you may have. Our guides are well versed in English and their main duty is to help you in any way at all times. Our porter will be well equipped and insured. We want to you to feel safe and taken care of so that your trek is as enjoyable as possible.
Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345m) and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Katmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Bus/Car or Flight
Day 03: One hour drive to Nayapul from Pokhara and trek to Tikhedhunga.
Day 04: Tikhedhunga to trek Ghorepani..(5 hour walk)
Day 05: Hiking Poonhill - Back to Ghorepani, and Trek to Tadapani.
Day 06: Tadapani to trek Ghandruk. ( 3 hour walk )
Day 07: Trek down to Nayapul and Drive back to Pokhara. Overnight pokhara.
Day 08: Drive back to Kathmandu. By Toruist Bus.
Day 09: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
- Pick up & drop off at arrival and departure to/from Kathmandu Airport
- 2 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Trekking Entry permit
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner during trek
- Accommodation during the trek
- Flight for you and guide to Kathmandu-Lukla- Kathmandu
- Road transportation
- Emergency rescue arrangement (Makes sure your insurance will cover it)
- Insurance for guide & porter that includes their emergency rescue
- Necessary equipment for guide & porter
- First aid kits
The cost includes:
- All airport and hotel transfers
- hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast,bed and guesthouse accommodation and full meal during the trek
- Farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley and entrance fees
- Domestic flights to and from Lukla and airport departure taxes
- An experienced trekking guide, assistant trek leader and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Pure Vision Adventure duffel bag, and trekking map
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
Services not included:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel for more than 2 nights in Kathmandu
- Alcohol and any drinks on trek
- Hot shower and washing.
- Tips for guide and porter
- All expenses of a personal nature e.g. toilet paper, medicines, confectionery etc
- Nepal entry visa fee
The cost excludes:
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters.
No Details Found