Everest Base Camp trek is the lifetime adventure trip in Nepal. It begins with an “exciting” flight to Lukla at 2800m and passes through the picturesque Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar to Gorakshep culminating in the “ascent” of Kala Pattar (5500m) from where you canenjoy classic views of Everest and Ama Dablam, Lhotse and many other peaks.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Length of trip: 14 days
Grade: Moderate, occasionally strenuous
Highest Alt: 5545m
Type of trek: Tea house
Everest Base Camp trek is the lifetime adventure trip in Nepal. It begins with an “exciting” flight to Lukla at 2800m and passes through the picturesque Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar to Gorakshep culminating in the “ascent” of Kala Pattar (5500m) from where you can enjoy classic views of Everest and Ama Dablam, Lhotse and many other peaks. Most of the trek is spent above 3000m in the Khumbu and Imja valleys, whose skylines are dominated by the massive peaks of the Eastern Himalayas. This is a moderate trek & there will be plenty of time to enjoy the culture of the Sherpas, visit ancient monasteries and learn how Lamaistic Buddhism influences Sherpa life. Stop at any of the numerous teahouses, sip a glass of sweetened tea or Chang (millet beer) and get a taste of the unique hospitality unique of the Sherpas.
Normally you will walk about 5-6 hrs a day. You will have plenty of time to stop for refreshments. Our guide will be there to assist you every step of the way during your trek. Your meals will be provided in teahouses according to your choice. Your guide will take your order from the menu and check in the kitchen that everything is fresh and well cooked. For accommodation you will be provided with a double room. Your guide will also act as your interpreter and be able explain about our culture and traditions and any other queries you may have. Our guides are well versed in English and their main duty is to help you in any way at all times. Our porter will be well equipped and insured. We want to you to feel safe and taken care of so that your trek is as enjoyable as possible.
Everest Base Camp Trekking ItineraryArrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel by our representative from Pure Vision.
Lukla from Kathmandu and then trek to PhakdingAn early morning 30 minutes flight to Lukla from Kathmandu and then trek to Phakding (2610mtrs/8563ft) that takes 3 -4 hours and overnight at guest house/ lodge/camp.
Trek from Phakding to Namche BazaarTrek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) that takes 5 -6 hours and overnight at guest house/ lodge/camp.
Rest day at Namche BazaarRest day at Namche Bazaar. This day is for acclimatization. We visit around the Bazaar and experience local people.
Trek from Namche Bazaar to TengbocheTrek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m/12664ft) that takes 5-6 hours walking, overnight at lodge/guest house/camp.
Trek from Tengboche to DingbocheTrek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m/14468ft) that takes 5-6 hours walking, overnight at lodge/guest house/camp.
Trek from Dingboche to LobucheTrek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m/16108ft) that takes 5 -6 hours walking, overnight at lodge/guest house/camp.
Trek from Lobuche to GorakshepTrek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5153m/16906ft) that takes 3-4 hours walking, overnight at lodge/guest house/camp.
Trek from Gorakshep to Everest Base CampTrek from Gorakshep to Everest Base Camp (5363m/17595ft) and return to Gorekshep that takes 4-5 hours walking, overnight at lodge/guest house/camp.
Trek from Gorakshep to KalapattharTrek from Gorakshep to Kalapatthar (5545m/18192ft) and descends to Pheriche (4210m/13812ft) that takes 6-7 hours, overnight.
Trek from Pheriche to Namche BazaaTrek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) that takes 6-7 hours, overnight at lodge/guest house/camp.
Trek from Namche Bazaar to LuklaTrek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m/9317ft) that takes 5-6 hours, overnight at guest house/Lodge/Camp.
Kathmandu from LuklaAn early morning 30 minutes flight to Kathmandu from Lukla
Departure from NepalDeparture from Nepal.
- Pick up & drop off at arrival and departure to/from Kathmandu Airport
- 2 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Trekking Entry permit
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner during trek
- Accommodation during the trek
- Flight for you and guide to Kathmandu-Lukla- Kathmandu
- Road transportation
- Emergency rescue arrangement (Makes sure your insurance will cover it)
- Insurance for guide & porter that includes their emergency rescue
- Necessary equipment for guide & porter
- First aid kits
The cost includes:
- All airport and hotel transfers
- hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast,bed and guesthouse accommodation and full meal during the trek
- Farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley and entrance fees
- Domestic flights to and from Lukla and airport departure taxes
- An experienced trekking guide, assistant trek leader and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Pure Vision Adventure duffel bag, and trekking map
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
Services not included:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel for more than 2 nights in Kathmandu
- Alcohol and any drinks on trek
- Hot shower and washing.
- Tips for guide and porter
- All expenses of a personal nature e.g. toilet paper, medicines, confectionery etc
- Nepal entry visa fee
The cost excludes:
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters.
No Details Found