Trip profile Length of trip: 17 days Grade: Easy to Moderate Highest Alt: 5416m Type of trek: Tea house/ Camping The Nar Phu valley is a trek that combinesTour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Length of trip: 17 days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Highest Alt: 5416m
Type of trek: Tea house/ Camping
The Nar Phu valley is a trek that combines remote villages of Nar and Phu, narrow canyons, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, Monasteries, Kang La Pass and unique Himalayan cultures. You should have physically fitness to do this trek. This trek starts from Chamje after 9 hours driving from Kathmandu. We hike same trail as Annapurna circuit trek. After arriving to Koto, we cross the bridge leading over the Marshyangdi River to the steep portals of the Nar Phu valley is easily missed, but although the entrance is narrow and forested, the valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. Trekkers until late 2002, very few westerners have explored these virtually untouched villages or climbed the many 7000m peaks surrounding it. We will venture into this remote region of Nar Phu valley. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal might accompany us up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang Gompa and receive a blessing from Lama Karma Sonam Rimpoche. Along with spending plenty of time at these colorful and timeless villages, we explore the high alpine valleys above Phu. The Kang La (5315m) pass is amazing. We may enjoy mountains view like annapurna II, Gangapurna, Tilicho peak then join to manang for annapurna circuit trek. The village of Manang (3,500m/11483feet) marks the beginning of the next stage. You will come back from Manang to Chame from where you can drive back to Kathmandu by public Jeep. If you have time, you can also continue to Jomsom via Thorong La Pass. Tea house or Lodge has been build. You can do camping trek as well as tea house trek. If you do tea house trekking, there is simple accommodation and foods are Nepalese dishes. Tea house trek is comparatively least cost so that it is affordable most of you.
All accommodations for trek are in local lodges on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, and standard of location. During the trip, we will provide three nights in hotel, Hotel Moonlight or similar category hotel in Kathmandu and during our trek we will spend 13 nights at standard tea house or at lodge or at hotel in which there are unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattresses
Nar-phu valley Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Nar Phu Restricted area trekking permit preparation and briefing of Trek.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu – Besishahar -Chamje (1310meters, 9 hours driving).
Day 04: Trek from Chamje to Dharapani (1920meters, 6 hours walking).
Day 05: Trek from Dharapani to Koto (2600meters, 5 hours walking).
Day 06: Trek from Koto to Meta (3230meters, 7-8 hours walking) .
Day 07: Trek from Meta to Phu Village (4050meters, 7-8 hours walking).
Day 08: Excursion around Phu Village and Monastery.
Day 09: Trek from Phu Village to Nar Phedi (3820m, 5-6 hours walking).
Day 10: Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar Village (4150meters, 2-3 hours walking).
Day 11: Vist 4 Monasteries in Nar Village.
Day 12: Trek from Nar - Kang La Pass -Ngawal (3675meters, 8-9 hours).
Day 13: Trek from Ngawal to Manang (3550meters, 4 hours walking).
Day 14: Trek from Manang to Chame (2650meters, 7 hours walking).
Day 15: Trek from Chame to Chamje (1310meters, 7 hours walking).
Day 16: Chamje Drive to Kathmandu.
Day 17: Departure to your home country.
Normally you will walk about 5-6 hrs a day. You will have plenty of time to stop for refreshments. Our guide will be there to assist you every step of the way during your trek. Your meals will be provided in teahouses according to your choice. Your guide will take your order from the menu and check in the kitchen that everything is fresh and well cooked. For accommodation you will be provided with a double room. Your guide will also act as your interpreter and be able explain about our culture and traditions and any other queries you may have. Our guides are well versed in English and their main duty is to help you in any way at all times. Our porter will be well equipped and insured. We want to you to feel safe and taken care of so that your trek is as enjoyable as possible.
- Pick up & drop off at arrival and departure to/from Kathmandu Airport
- 2 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Trekking Entry permit
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner during trek
- Accommodation during the trek
- Flight for you and guide to Kathmandu-Lukla- Kathmandu
- Road transportation
- Emergency rescue arrangement (Makes sure your insurance will cover it)
- Insurance for guide & porter that includes their emergency rescue
- Necessary equipment for guide & porter
- First aid kits
The cost includes:
- All airport and hotel transfers
- hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast,bed and guesthouse accommodation and full meal during the trek
- Farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley and entrance fees
- Domestic flights to and from Lukla and airport departure taxes
- An experienced trekking guide, assistant trek leader and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Pure Vision Adventure duffel bag, and trekking map
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
Services not included:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel for more than 2 nights in Kathmandu
- Alcohol and any drinks on trek
- Hot shower and washing.
- Tips for guide and porter
- All expenses of a personal nature e.g. toilet paper, medicines, confectionery etc
- Nepal entry visa fee
The cost excludes:
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters.
No Details Found